Twine is a must for any DIY lover! There are so many things that can be done with twine! Let you imagination run free! Have I overdone the twine thing…? Anyway, here’s an example of what you can do:
How to do wedding flowers made out of twine
2. Glue together with craft glue.
3. Draw six lines across the circle to indicate a clock face.
4. To make a loom, push pins in between the cardboard circles so they line up with the pencil marks. See image 1.
5. Start wrapping the twine around the pins of the loom by holding one end of the string with your thumb and loop the twine around the pin in the 12 o’clock position. In the same manner, loop the twine first around the pin at the 6 o’clock position. See image 2. Continue to the 11 o’clock position and then to the 5 o’clock position, and so on until you have completed a full circle. See image 3. Go around once more so that each pin has two loops of twine around it. See image 4. Cut the string 35cm from the flower and use this to sew the flower together.
6. To shape the petals, thread the end of the 35cm length through a needle and slide the needle in behind one four-stranded petal. See image 5. Slide the string down towards the centre of the flower.
7. Next, slide the needle behind the first and second lot of petals. See image 6. This forms the knot around the first petal.
8. Continue in this manner until all the petals have been formed on the flower. See image 7 & 8.
9. To finish off, thread the needle through the centre of the flower and do a double stitch to secure the ends.
10. Remove the pins and the flower is ready to be used.